Due to the increase of international business, freight forwarder certainly becomes an important company that is more needed these days. Freight forwarder surely has loads of benefits to you. It can help you manage the importing and exporting process. However, it also has several disadvantages. Before knowing what are the disadvantages of a freight forwarding service, let’s see first about its advantages.
Benefits of Using Freight Forwarder
- Freight forwarders help you in organizing your shipment. They will help you manage the ideal services for the shipping process as you don’t know or cannot manage it by yourself.
- A freight forwarder can help you in saving your money by choosing the best services based on your budget or needs.
You can do other works and activities while shipping your goods.
- Bigger freight forwarding company will cost you less money as they do not need dealing with complicated negotiations.
- Able to ship a large volume with a good cost.
- International agents in loads of countries.
Disadvantages of Using Freight Forwarder
After knowing about its benefits, you also need to know about what are the disadvantages of a freight forwarder. Here are the minus sides of getting freight services.
- Shipping with freight forwarders may cause some risk involved, especially its transaction. That is why you need to be aware of the transaction.
- Freight forwarder sometimes can be unreliable as well. There are several freight forwarders that cannot be trusted due to its bad services. Reading the consumers’ reviews may help.
- A freight forwarder can lead you to higher cost due to the services, the goods’ size, the regulation problems, the packaging, and others.
- Freight forwarders are not regulated in some areas in certain countries. This can lead you into a lost or damaged shipments problems.
- A complex shipping process may provide a higher cost.
- Shipping using freight forwarders have loads of regulations and terms.
Those are several things of the freight forwarders disadvantages. After understanding what the disadvantages of a freight forwarder you exactly need to be careful as you want to do international shipping using it.
Now, the decision is up to you whether you want to still use freight forwarder services or not. If you are still using its services, you need to pick the best services and the trusted company.
First, ask yourself what you kind of services that you need. If you need a fast service, you better choose air freight shipping. Moreover, if you want to get a cheaper one, try to use container shipping or sea freight shipping.
Furthermore, make sure that you pick a service from a reliable and well-known shipping company. A well-known company is normally will have a great experience. Moreover, an experienced company normally will have great services and rarely to have shipping problems. So, you do not need to worry about losing your shipment.
In order to prevent your shipment from damage, you can ask the freight forwarder to help you in the packaging process. A big freight forwarder normally has packaging service for their consumers. So, that is all the information about the good side and the bad side of using freight forwarders. Make sure you choose the best freight forwarder, so your shipment can be delivered rightly and safely.